Wednesday 7 September 2011

First Days of Classes

My classes are going well so far.  In two of my classes we will be taking field trips to archaeological sites in the area.  One is just a one day field trip to the north of Galway, but the other is going to be two days to the Hill of Tara and the surrounding sites.

I walked around the bay of Galway yesterday, so here are a couple pictures from that excursion:

 Two swans hanging out in the canal outside my apartment

 This is where the River Corrib meets the ocean.  The tall building with the green roof is the Cathedral.
 This is the river's exit into the bay


 Looking back onto Galway

 The Bay


 The building is at the end of the causeway.  I didn't make it out there because it was really windy. I think it is a light house.

 The first Ironman ever held in Ireland was held in Galway a couple days ago.  It was so windy and the sea was so choppy they had to shorten the swimming stretch of the race.
 This is all a five minute walk from my apartment.

A cute row of Irish houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment